Startup Idea Validation | Video
Does your business idea rock or suck? You need a way to find out .. fast! It's such a waste of time to work on a business idea for months only to learn that nobody gives a shit.
Startup Idea Validation | Meetup | Part 1
(Sound starts at minute 3, sorry!)
Startup Idea Validation | Meetup | Part 2
After 10 years in the startup game, I wish I could have the time back that I spend on ideas that I should have let go ... way earlier. There is no such thing as a guarantee for success, no matter how much you validate, but it made a huge difference in my success rate in the long term.
The resulting structured approach to validating business ideas is the topic of this meetup. We build a couple of landing pages per week for 2 years and build 6 apps as a result. We are going to share how we:
- Come up with new ideas
- Build simple landing pages
- Send targeted traffic there
- Collect emails from interested users
- Learn from customer development surveys
- Decide which ideas to pursue and which to kill
Tools and examples:
- Give your idea a name, e.g. “CSGO SKILLS”, but check if it’s free with tools like Namechk.
- Register a domain, e.g. csgoskills.com, with your favorite host like namecheap or Host Europe.
- Build a basic landing page with Wordpress or tools like Instapage.
- Get a Mailchimp account and put a newsletter form on your landing page. Alternatively, try SendInBlue from Paris.
- Create an email confirmation page, like csgoskills.com/confirm-signup (Single-Optin).
- Create a signup thank you page, like csgoskills.com/thank-you(Double-Optin).
- Put a problem-detection-survey on the thank you page, like this one with Google Forms or Typeform
- Setup a Google Analytics account here. Use an email like [email protected] and redirect to your email.
- Setup a Google Adwords account here. Yes, the onboarding sucks. Just do it and pause the campaign.
- Put your Google Analytics Pixel an your page. For Wordpress I use the free Monster Insights plugin.
- Look up your search keywords with Google Keyword Planner and read this guide from MOZ.
- Spend 100€ on Adwords search ads. Expect to get about 100 visitors to your site and 10 subscriber.
- Analyze and repeat. Read the survey results and improve your ads and landing page.